Published: October 9, 2020
It is with great sadness to say that due to COVID-19 and the restrictions put in place by the CDC, we will NOT be able to host the 24thAnnual Grower Workshop December 2020.
One of the biggest reasons we host this annual workshop is to give license and certificate holders the opportunity to obtain accredited continuing education hours. We want to remind folks who hold the following license and certificates that the requirements for obtaining accredited CE hours are still in effect:
- Agricultural Pest Control Adviser Licensees (PCA)
- Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certificate Holders--Journeyman (JP) & Apprentice (AP)
- Qualified Applicator Licensees (QAL)
- Qualified Applicator Certificate Holders (QAC)
- Private Applicator Certificate Holders (PAC)
Private Applicator Certificate holders have two renewal options:
Complete six hours of DPR-approved continuing education (CE) every three years, including at least two hours of laws and regulations
Important! You are
responsible for maintaining records of the approved continuing education (ce)
classes that you attend!
The Agricultural Commissioner will need to see records proving your attendance of continuing education classes in order to renew your certificate. All CE hours must be obtained during the period the PAC is valid. You can renew a private applicator certificate no sooner than 120 days prior to or 90 days after expiration date.
Retake and pass the private applicator certification exam
Applicators with certificates valid for:
- Less than 12 months at the time of renewal—are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
- 12 to 24 months at the time of renewal—must complete four hours of continuing education, including at least two hours in laws and regulations.
- 25 to 36 months at the time of renewal—must take at least six hours of continuing education, including at least two hours of laws and regulations.
Listed below are websites you can visit to earn Continuing Education hours. Please make sure the class is accredited in California. Print out a confirmation that you took the class and keep for your records. There may be fees for some of the classes.