Property Tax Accounting Division
The Property Tax Accounting Division allocates collected property taxes to the County of Sonoma's various recipient districts, agencies, and schools.
Where does your property tax dollar go?
2021-22 Property Tax Distributions
- Total Prop 13 Tax Levy: $1.02 billion
- Schools: $487.4 million, 48%
- Special Districts: $83.5 million, 8%
- Cities: $93.9 million, 9%
- Redevelopment Dissolution Activities*: $81.1 million, 8%
- County: $274.7 million, 27%
FY 2021‐22 distribution amounts shown above represent a 3.3% increase to FY 2020‐21 amounts.
*Pursuant to California Law, redevelopment agencies were established for the purpose of eliminating blight that hinders private development and growth within a community. Redevelopment agencies were dissolved through State legislation during FY 2011‐12, but the Auditor‐Controller is still required to calculate and distribute funding related to redevelopment activities. Any residual funds that are not expended for redevelopment activities are returned back to the contributing taxing entities each year.