Green Business Certification
Established in 1996, the California Green Business Certification is provided by a network of local programs run by cities and counties throughout California, allied in promoting a green economy through partnerships with small to medium size businesses.
Find a Green Business
About Green Business Certification
Sonoma County Green Business Certification is a part of the California Green Business Network, whose mission is to assist businesses to operate sustainably as well as profitably. The Energy and Sustainability Division works with local government agencies to provide assistance to small-to- medium sized businesses who choose to go through the process of becoming “Green”. To be certified, participants must be in compliance with all environmental regulations and meet program standards for saving water, conserving energy, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste.
We work with the following industry sectors:
- Home Office
- Cleaning/ Janitorial Services
- Small Manufacturing
- Auto Body/Auto Repair
- Small Schools
- Dental/Medical Offices
- Solar Electric designers and installers
- Garment Cleaners (wet or CO2 systems only)
- Landscape Design
How to Become Certified
Becoming a Green Business Member is great for local business, the environment and the community. And it’s easy to do. Go green in three simple steps.
- Register your business and Complete the Green Business Checklist: http://Greenbusinessca.org
- Once you have completed the online checklist, please contact the Energy and Sustainability Division of Sonoma County, at (707) 565-6470 or email GSEnergy@sonoma-county.orgfor a consultation
- On-site Assistance, after the consultation, a member of the Energy and Sustainability staff will schedule an on-site assessment and assist you in meeting the Green Business requirements
- Green Certification, once certified your business will be recognized as a Sonoma Green Business and join the network of California Green Businesses. We offer free marketing and promotion through online directories, recognition from the Board of Supervisors, two store front decals and access to online marketing tools.