Monument Fee Collection
Effective January 1, 2011
The staff of the Clerk-Recorder's Office are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.
Monument Fee Collection Procedures
- The fee is $10.00 and will apply to Grant Deeds. It does not include:
- Quit Claim Deed
- Tax Deed Reconveyance
- Deed Decree of Distribution
- Judgment of Partition
- Deed of Trust Easement Deed
- Deed changing vesting (ie: community property to joint tenancy, or to your own trust)
- Correction Deed Re-Recorded Deed
- Exceptions to the Fee Include:
- Grant Deeds conveying lots created by recorded tract (subdivision) map
- Grant Deed conveying real property from any public agency
- Grant Deed conveying real property to any public agency
- The only exempt legal descriptions are a reference to a full parcel created by a recorded Subdivision/Tract map or reference to a condominium unit
- Examples of legal description that are NOT exempt:
- Parcel created by a recorded Record of Survey Map
- Parcel created by a recorded Parcel Map
- Portion of a parcel created by a recorded Subdivision Map (including exceptions from described parcels)
- U. S. Government Survey (Township & Range)
- Metes and Bounds
- Street address
- Omnibus description (ie: all property located in Sonoma County)
- Generic description (ie: the Norton Ranch)NOTE: In the absence of a clear description the Recorder's Office will assume that a fee is due.
- Example: "Lot 4 on Recorded Map 143 at Page 37, Sonoma County Records"
County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
585 Fiscal Drive
Clerk-Recorder accepts payments by cash, checks, credit or debit cards.
Public Records Search
Search Online Index of Sonoma County Public Records
Search Our Online Index of Public Records: Official Public Records, Fictitious Business Names, Professional Registrations, CEQA Filings