Current Sonoma County CalFresh recipients who lost food purchased with benefits during the Walbridge or Meyers Fires and evacuations can request to have some of their benefits replaced. Households have until September 14, 2020, to submit the benefit replacement request.
Additionally, all Sonoma County CalFresh recipients may buy hot, prepared foods through September 23, 2020, from grocery stores authorized to accept CalFresh Electronic Benefit Transfer or EBT cards. Due to the fires, California’s Food and Nutrition Services approved a temporary waiver for these purchases.
Expedited CalFresh applications are also available to qualified low-income households affected by the fire that do not already have benefits.
To request replacement benefits for food lost due to fire, power outage or spoilage during evacuation, current CalFresh recipients should download and print one of these forms:
Clients must complete and hand-sign the form (electronic signatures aren’t accepted), then submit the original form, or provide a scan or photo. The following are options for submitting the form:
- online to My Benefits CalWin: https://www.mybenefitscalwin.org/
- by FAX: (707) 565-5252
- hand-delivered to an outdoor drop box at either
- Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, or
- the Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma, CA 94954
- by mail: Economic Assistance, P.O. Box 1539, Santa Rosa, CA 95402
- Economic Assistance staff can also help clients complete the form by phone. However, due to high call volume, wait times can be up to two hours: (877) 699-6868