Economic Assistance Division

Many low-income individuals and families with children, disabled or unemployed persons, children in foster homes and former foster youth can apply for benefits:

520 Mendocino In-Person Services Open Noon-4 p.m.; Office Closes September 23

Starting Monday, July 22, open hours will be Noon-4 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the Economic Assistance office at 520 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa.

The office will close permanently for in-person Medi-Cal, CalFresh and General Assistance services starting Monday, September 23, 2019.

Find in-person services from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the main office at 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, and the Human Services Department’s South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway North, Suite 100, Petaluma. 

    Find details about the 520 closure and where to find services here.

    Protect Yourself from EBT Scams

    Phone scams to steal information about EBT cards have been growing this year. In April, EBT scams using USPS mail were identified. 

    Don't give anyone your EBT PIN number. No real county worker would ask for your EBT card PIN number.

    If you receive false EBT phone calls, text messages, emails, USPS mail, in-person or online phishing email, report it to the county program you work with, such as Economic Assistance or Employment & Training. The Human Services Department will reports these fraud attempts to its own Special Investigations Unit and to the California Department of Social Services fraud team. Help stop fraud by reporting these scams.

    Contact Information

    Economic Assistance
    Human Services Department
    Business Hours
    Monday – Friday
    8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

    Santa Rosa

    2550 Paulin Drive (Main Office)

    520 Mendocino Avenue (current clients)

    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    38.465026, -122.721484
    Petaluma Office
    5350 Old Redwood Highway

    Suite 100

    Petaluma, CA 94954
    38.278495, -122.668033

    Drop off paperwork at any office or mail to:

    Economic Assistance

    P.O. Box 1539

    Santa Rosa, CA 95402


    Apply for Medi-Cal

    Medi-Cal Logo

    Sign up for low- and no-cost medical care


    Apply for CalFresh


    Add to your food budget (formerly Food Stamps)