Published: August 10, 2018
Permit Sonoma staff will bring the second set of housing initiatives to the Planning Commission on August 30, 2018. This item had been scheduled for August 23, but is now being continued to August 30.
These initiatives include code changes to expand opportunities for housing development in urban service areas, including:
- Simplify development standards for multi-family housing projects;
- Allow higher densities near jobs and transit through provision of a new Workforce Housing Combining Zone;
- Provide a new housing type called Cottage Housing Developments that will provide multi-unit housing in the style, scale, and size of single-family homes, in low- and medium-density neighborhoods;
- Allow use of a new density unit equivalent concept to encourage more smaller rental units and fewer larger units; and
- Codify existing condominium conversion policy and better protections for residents in rental mobile home parks.
Staff completed an initial study for this phase of the project and determined that the adoption of the proposed code changes would not result in significant impacts on the environment and a Negative Declaration is appropriate.
For more information, please see the
Housing Initiatives website, and email
Multifamily Development Standards
Cottage Housing Developments
Workforce Housing Combining Zone
Mobile Home Park and Condo Conversions