Second Set of Housing Initiatives to Be Considered by Planning Commission August 23, 2018
Published: July 26, 2018
Permit Sonoma staff will bring the second set of housing initiatives to the Planning Commission on August 23, 2018. This item was originally scheduled for August 2, but is being continued to August 23.
These initiatives include code changes to expand opportunities for housing development, including:
- Simplify development standards for multi-family housing projects;
- Allow higher densities near jobs and transit through provision of a new Workforce Housing Combining Zone;
- Provide for missing middle housing, including Cottage Housing Developments;
- Allow use of a new density units concept to encourage more, smaller rental units; and
- Codify existing condominium conversion policy, and better protections for residents in rental mobile home parks.
For more information, please see the
Housing Initiatives website, and email
2550 Ventura Avenue
Get updates on Housing Initiatives
Accessory Units & Junior Units
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs) are an inexpensive way to create smaller, more affordable rental housing units.
Sonoma County Community Development Commission
The Community Development Commission (CDC) is dedicated to promoting decent and affordable housing, revitalizing communities, and supporting public services.
Community Development Commission
CDC Affordable Housing Information
Office of Recovery and Resiliency