Board of Supervisors to Consider Permit Sonoma Housing Initiatives on October 23
Published: October 18, 2018
The Board of Supervisors will consider the second set of Permit Sonoma's housing initiatives at its October 23, 2018 meeting.
Download agenda packet
These initiatives include the following code changes to expand opportunities for housing development in urban service areas:
- Simplify development standards for multi-family housing projects
- Allow higher densities near jobs and transit through provision of a new Workforce Housing Combining Zone
- Provide for a new housing type called Cottage Housing Developments that will provide multi-unit housing in the style, scale, and size of single-family homes, in low- and medium-density neighborhoods
- Allow use of a new density unit equivalent concept to encourage more smaller rental units and fewer larger units
- Codify the existing condominium conversion policy and provide better protections for residents in rental mobile home parks
The Planning Commission recommended approval of these code changes on August 30, 2018.
For more information, please see the Housing Initiatives website, and email HousingInitiatives@sonoma-county.org
2550 Ventura Avenue
Get updates on Housing Initiatives
Accessory Units & Junior Units
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs) are an inexpensive way to create smaller, more affordable rental housing units.
Sonoma County Community Development Commission
The Community Development Commission (CDC) is dedicated to promoting decent and affordable housing, revitalizing communities, and supporting public services.
Community Development Commission
CDC Affordable Housing Information
Office of Recovery and Resiliency