Please join Permit Sonoma staff for a discussion of several new housing initiatives to be brought before the Planning Commission later this summer.
These changes include:
- Simplification of development standards for multi-family housing projects
- A new Workforce Housing Combining Zone to allow for higher density housing near jobs and transit and in urban service areas
- A new housing type, Cottage Housing Developments, to provide for "missing middle" housing types in urban service areas
- Use of a new “density units” concept to encourage more, smaller rental units
- Codification of the condominium conversion policy that exists in the General Plan, and better protections for residents in rental mobile home parks that are converted to ownership parks
Please join us to provide input on these efforts, find out about opportunities for further public engagement, and to learn about future initiatives.
Meeting materials will be provided here when available