Annual Payment – Operational Septic Permit
Invoice Required to Pay Bill Online
Watch your mail (US Postal Service) for your bill. You must use your "OPB17" number listed on your invoice to pay your bill online.
- Go to: prmd.sonomacounty.ca.gov
- You should see the Permit Sonoma Online Permitting Tool page.
- On right side, in the Search Existing Permits box, enter the Billing Number from your invoice. It should match this format: OPB17-XXXX
DO NOT enter the Operational Permit (OPR) Number. Click magnifying glass button to initiate search.
Yearly Billing Page
- Verify Work Location matches the "System Location" address on the invoice.
- On middle panel where it says "Record Info| Payments| Conditions", click Payments and then click Fees.
- Verify the following matches your invoice:
- On far right side, click Pay Fees.
Application Fees Page
- Review fees, then click Continue Application button.
Payment Options Page
- Enter credit card information. Required fields have an asterisk.
- Click Submit Payment button.
Record Issuance Page
- A notice of Paid Fee is displayed in in a green bar.
- To see the Paid Fee, click View Record Details and repeat step 5 above.
Contact Us for Assistance
For assistance with online payments, please contact Permit Sonoma's Department Information Systems (DIS) section:
Contact us by Phone
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Questions or need help with the online permitting tool?
Do you have feedback for improving your online permitting experience (better instructions, etc.)?
Email us here. Please be specific and thorough with your questions and feedback.
Online Permitting Tools
Experienced users can go directly to the applicable online tools below. (New users: Learn more.)
Apply for Permits Online
Apply for certain residential Building permits online. (Registration/log in required.)
Permit History Lookup
Check a property's permit history.
Permit Status & Pay Fees
Check the current status of a Permit, Inspection, or Plan Check. (Search for your permit number.)
Search for a property's Zoning (by address or parcel number). Find out what the Zoning Codes mean.
More Online Permit Information