In accordance with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 the July 1, 2020 Mental Health Board meeting will be held virtually.
Members of the public may not attend this meeting in person.*
The June 17, 2020 Mental Health Board Meeting will be facilitated virtually through Zoom.f Members of the public can watch or listen to the meeting using one of the two following methods:
- Join the Zoom meeting application on your computer, tablet or smartphone:
Access Meeting via Zoom
- Call-in and listen to the meeting:
Dial +1 (669) 900 9128
Enter Webinar ID: 983 8550 8477
Enter password: 885186
Email Public Comment Prior to the Meeting: You may email public comment to DHS-MHB@sonoma-county.org by 12:00 noon, Friday, June 26, 2020.
All emailed public comments will be forwarded to all Board Members. During the meeting, if you have joined as a member of the public in the Zoom app or by calling in, there will be specific points throughout the meeting assigned to public comment.
*The rules for public observation and comment supersede and replace the standard provisions for the duration of the public health emergency.
In accordance with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 the July 1, 2020 Mental Health Board Executive Committee meeting was held virtually. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WERE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND THIS MEETING IN PERSON VITRUAL ZOOM WEBINAR MEETING
This meeting’s Zoom webinar audio recording will also be posted on the Mental Health Board web page as an attachment to these minutes.
Present: Kathy Smith, Bob Cobb, Bob Hales, Mary Ann Swanson, Sherry Weyers, Betzy Chavez, Peterson Pierre, Carol West, Becky Ennis, Bill Carter (SCHB Director), Rhonda Darrow (recorder)
Guests: Michael Johnson (MHB Candidate for District 3); Shannon Barton-Wren (MHB Candidate for District 4); Erika Klohe; Mary-Frances Walsh (NAMI); Kurt Johnson; Gina Barsanti; Debbie Howell; and three other callers.
- MHB Treasurer’s Report – Balance --$4,500.00
- Recruitment and retention of MHB members – One (1) vacancy in District 3 (Zane). **New appointments: Betzy Chavez, District 1, 6/23/20; Michael Johnson, District 3, 7/7/20; and Shannon Barton-Wren, District 4, 7/2020.
- Welcome to MHB Executive Committee Officers: Kathy Smith (Chair) and Peterson Pierre (Vice Chair)
- Approval of Minutes of 5/27/20 (Public Hearing) and 6/17/20, if available, at 7/21/20 MHB meeting.
- Discuss Board Planning: Special Topic Presentation: Local Guerneville/West County Issues – virtually Zoom webinar, as no facilities are available Bill Carter’s (BH Director) Report/DHS-BH Budget Update/Systems Update
- Discussion on inviting BOS representative to MHB meetings twice a year; and changing the MHB meetings to third Wednesdays of month, as BOS meets on Tuesdays
- Other Reports (Including CALBHB/C and Ad hoc committees: PAM and Mental Health Services/Needs at Sonoma County Main Adult Detention Facility (possible topic in September 2020)
- Discussion on MHB members’ experiences and impact of racial disparity and to add to agenda for MHB meeting on 7/21/20
- Confirm rescheduling of the special presentations: Sonoma County Resilience and the Importance of Trauma-Informed Care to November 17 and December 15, 2020
- Discuss mental health services and needs at the County Jail; plan for a potential presentation
- Discuss MHB acknowledging SCBH staff
- Reminder for MHB members to complete the Annual Client and Leadership Survey
- Conference Attendance Approvals
- MHB Chair’s Report
- Other Reports, i.e., CALBHB/C
- Future topics to add to agenda
- Public Comment