How can I become a Junior Commissioner?
Each spring 15 to 20 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a nine-month term that runs concurrent with the school year. Applications for the August 2018 to May 2019 term are now being accepted through Saturday, March 31, 2018. If you would like more information about the Junior Commissioner project, please contact the Commission’s office.
English Application (PDF: 164 kB)
Spanish Application (PDF: 166 kB)
Why should I become a Junior Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate in advocacy and take an active role in County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into human rights issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem