How can I become a Junior Commissioner?
Each spring 10 to 15 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a one-year term that runs concurrent with the school year. Applications are currently being accepted through May 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year. Interviews will take place at the end of May. If you would like more information about the Junior Commissioner project, please contact the Commission’s office.
Why should I become a Junior Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate in advocacy and take an active role in County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into human rights issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem