How can I become a Junior Commissioner?
Each spring 15 to 20 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a one-year term that runs concurrent with the school year. Applications for the August 2018 to May 2019 term will be accepted in January, 2018 with a March 1, 2018 deadline. If you would like more information about the Junior Commissioner project, please contact the Commission’s office.
Why should I become a Junior Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate in advocacy and take an active role in County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into human rights issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem