On November 7th, 2017, the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and the City of Santa Rosa City Council held a joint meeting to discuss the local system of care for homeless individuals and families in Sonoma County.
During this meeting, they reviewed the recommendations from a report commissioned by the Sonoma County Community Development Commission (CDC) assessing the current state of the homeless systems of care. The report found that Sonoma’s current systems of care were highly fragmented and recommended that the county redesign the system starting with the implementation of a new collective impact decision-making group that can own the issue of homeless in the community.
The Homeless System of Care Redesign Ad-Hoc Committee was formed as a result of this meeting in order to develop guidance and recommendations for this new homeless leadership group. The committee is anticipated to convene their work in Spring 2018.
Santa Rosa City Mayor Chris Coursey, Committee Co-Chair
Santa Rosa City Councilmember Julie Combs
Santa Rosa City Councilmember Tom Schwedhelm
County of Sonoma Supervisor Lynda Hopkins (5th District), Co-Chair
County of Sonoma Supervisor Susan Gorin (1st District)
Committee Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Ad Hoc Committee is to provide guidance from the City and County for development of the new leadership body. This includes:
- Determining the ultimate goal(s) of a single new homeless services leadership body;
- Developing guiding values and principles for the leadership body;
- Agreeing on the leadership body’s overarching roles and responsibilities;
- Determining individual member roles and responsibilities;
- Recommending a new leadership body composition;
- Considering and recommending any additional streamlining or consolidation of lead agency activities to be undertaken.
Homeless System of Care Redesign
Ad Hoc Committee Documents
Ad Hoc Agenda January 4, 2018
Ad Hoc Agenda December 7, 2017
City Council and Board of Supervisors Homeless System of Care Redesign November 7, 2017
Santa Rosa City Council Homeless System Study Session September 26, 2017
Homeless Policy Workshop August 22, 2017