County of Sonoma, Department of Health Services, Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
Published: October 22, 2014
- FACILITY NAME:
- Central Compost Site- Sonoma County (SWIS# 49-AA-0260)
- PROJECT LOCATION:
- 550 Mecham Road
Petaluma, CA 94952
- PROJECT TYPE/NUMBER:
- Solid Waste Facility Permit Amendment
- FACILITY CONACT:
- Patrick Carter, Department Analyst
Sonoma County Waste Management Agency (707) 565-3687
- Sonoma County Waste Management Agency
- DATE LEA RECEIVED APPLICATION:
- October 16, 2014
- DATE LEA ACCEPTED APPLICATION:
- October 16, 2014
- LEA CONTACT:
- Jennifer Lyle (707) 565-6534
The Sonoma County Environmental Health Department, Solid Waste Management Program, acting as the Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) is certified by the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) to enforce state laws and regulations at solid waste sites within its jurisdiction. The Central Compost Site operates under a Solid Waste Facility Permit issued by the LEA. The operator has filed an application for a RCSI amendment with the LEA. The RCSI describes the design and operation of the facility.
As required by Title 27 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Section 21660.1, the LEA is distributing this notice for the purpose of noticing its acceptance of the amendment to the RCSI for Central Compost Site.
Description of Project
The RCSI amendment addresses the following change:
1. An update to the RCSI to reflect minor improvements to the site including; combining two existing storm water ponds to increase stormwater storage capacity and a storm water drainage improvement with installation of an earthen berm to separate storm water from compost contact water.
An application for a RCSI amendment was received by the LEA on October 16, 2014. Pursuant to Title 27 CCR, Section 21665(c), the LEA reviewed the application and determined that the proposed change is consistent with all adopted CEQA documents, is consistent with State Minimum Standards and does not conflict with the terms and conditions of the current SWFP. The LEA approved the RCSI amendment on October 16, 2014.
Where to Get Additional Information
A copy of the RCSI amendment permit application is available for public review by appointment in the LEA office, located at 625 5th St., Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
Appeals Process Information
For information on the appeals process pursuant to PRC Section 44307 regarding the decision to approve the RCSI amendment, you may contact Jennifer Lyle at (707) 565-6534 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.