Animal Services Shelter Operations Update - October 12, 2017
Published: October 12, 2017
- Sonoma County Animal Services remains open 24/7. We are accepting domestic/small animals (mainly dogs, cats and rabbits). Livestock/large animals are directed to the fairgrounds.
- Our phone lines are open at 707-565-7100 (9-5:30p) and 707-565-4648 ( 24/7) to assist our community and help direct them to services.
- We have an updated process for reporting lost and found animals that will better coordinate with other local shelters and rescues. There are two steps: (1) Lost reports should be completed online
here; and (2) lost and found animals should also be posted on personal social media pages with the following hashtags: #tubbsfire, #LOSTPETSsonomacountyfire2017.
- We are working diligently with transfer partners to re-home as many animals as possible that were at our shelter before disaster struck, freeing up space in our shelter for displaced animals. We are SO thankful to the 6 shelters and rescues opening their doors to nearly 60 animals from our shelter, to date.
- Our shelter is currently at 40% capacity for dogs and 39% for cats.
- We are receiving an overwhelming outpouring of offers to donate, volunteer and help (literally 100’s of inquiries through multiple channels). These are all being pulled into a single spreadsheet and we will soon have a form people can fill out (to reduce manual entry). We are able to accept monetary donations
here at any time and will be following up with other offers of support as we assess our needs and match them with offers to help. Once form is completed, it will be posted on our website.
We will continue to update
our Facebook page with the most current information about our services and needs. We will also use Facebook to share photos of the stray and found animals brought to our shelter in hopes of reuniting them with their loving families.
Our website at
www.theanimalshelter.org will also be updated with photos of lost and found animals.