Field of Dreams Project Update
Published: April 16, 2018
Our work on the Field of Dreams has begun! Just when we were slated to begin work in October 2017, our focus dramatically shifted to the fire response. Now that we’ve moved into the recovery phase, we have also spent the last month finalizing our plans, contractors and initial timeline for
- Earlier this month, we began to pull out some of the fencing in our play yard area and remove the larger shade structures and equipment in our play yards to make space for our contractors to begin work.
- Then we piled the pea gravel for easy removal that currently carpets the majority of the play yards.
- The gravel was removed on April 9th, clearing the way for re-building to begin.
- Our local utility companies have returned to mark up our work area so we can work safely.
- Next steps: rebuilding! The re-build phase in both the play yards and the new Meet & Greet area start later this month with new fencing, concrete curbing and landscaping. In May, we’ll install the synthetic turf in our longest play yard for better year-round access!
Stay tuned for more updates and photos of our progress!
Field of Dreams, gravel being removed, April 2018
Field of Dreams after gravel and structures removed, April 2018
Sonoma County Animal Services
Walk Your Dog and Support Our Animal Shelter!
Our 2016 Annual Report can be downloaded or read on our website.
Download our annual report.
2016 Annual Report
Read our annual report on our website