Animal Services Field Operations Update - October 12, 2017
Published: October 12, 2017
- We continue to have a presence at the Veteran's Building. Our Mobile Adoption Center is set up as a temporary animal shelter for the evacuees staying at the center.
- We are providing support to the Windsor High School and Finley Center and Finley Hall shelters, and Cloverdale Fairgrounds as well.
- Animal Control officers are responding to calls about loose, lost and left-behind animals. They in addition to welfare checks, they are bringing injured animals (only) to the shelter regularly, and providing food and water at residences where animals were reported to be left behind and are safe or cannot be found when we arrive. Residents who want officers to check on and feed their animals
provide us with detailed information about how to access/enter the house.
- We are currently receiving support in the field (for additional Animal Control Officers) from Petaluma Animal Services, Marin Humane and Palo Alto Animal Services.
- Field support is also being provided by Sonoma County Horse Council (Fairgrounds), Flat Broke Farms (sheltering & field work), CHANGE (field work and trailering), HALTER (field work and trailering).