If You've Found a Pet
- View the Map of Lost/Found Dogs or Map of Lost/Found Cats. These maps are updated hourly. Click on the pin for information and a photo of the animal lost at that location. If you think you see your found animal pinned on the map, please notify the contact listed on the pin.
- If you do not see your found animal on the map, submit a Found Dog or Found Cat report. Use your Google Account login, or you may use our generic login: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: HSSC1234. Your submission will remain active for 4 weeks. If you have not found the pet's owner after 4 weeks, re-submit your report.
- Scan the found pet for a microchip: take the found pet to a veterinarian, emergency animal hospital or your area animal shelter to have the pet's entire body scanned for a microchip. Microchips can migrate in the pet's body. A current, registered microchip can help identify an owner.
If you can, please keep the animal secure and safe in your home while searching for the owner. If you cannot keep the pet in your home:
- and the animal was found in Santa Rosa City limits, Town of Windsor or unincorporated areas of Sonoma County, please bring it to Sonoma County Animal Services.
- and the animal was found in City of Sebastopol or Healdsburg, you can bring it to the Humane Society of Sonoma County.
- and the animal was found in another area, please contact your local animal services agency
If the animal is sick or injured please take it to the closest animal shelter or emergency facility.
Other Animal Shelters in Sonoma County