Published: July 19, 2017
current job opportunities for which the County is recruiting. The website is updated daily.
- Administrative and Quality Improvement Section Manager – Family, Youth & Children (closes 07/31/2017)
- Animal Health Technician – Extra Help (continuous)
- Assistant Auditor-Controller (closes 07/24/2017)
- Building Inspector II – Extra Help (closes 07/26/2017)
- Buyer – Time-Limited (closes 08/02/2017)
- Correctional Deputy I (closes 09/06/2017)
- Correctional Deputy II – Lateral (continuous)
- Deputy County Counsel III – Extra Help (continuous)
- Deputy Public Defender I – Bilingual (English/Spanish) (closes 07/24/2017)
- Deputy Sheriff I (continuous)
- Deputy Sheriff II (Court Security) – Extra Help (continuous)
- Deputy Sheriff II – Lateral (continuous)
- Director of Transportation & Public Works (closes 08/25/2017)
- Electrician/Instrumentation Technician – Extra Help (closes 07/20/2017)
- Fairgrounds Exhibit Coordinator (closes 08/07/2017)
- Fiscal Administrative Officer (closes 07/23/2017)
- Health Information Specialist II (closes 07/20/2017)
- Health Program Manager: Home Visiting Programs – Promotional (closes 08/02/2017)
- Human Resources Technician – Occupational Safety, Health & Wellness Program – Part-Time (closes 08/03/2017)
- Human Services Database Administrator (continuous)
- Juvenile Hall Cook – Extra Help (continuous)
- Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – Extra Help (continuous)
- Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – Full-Time & Part-Time (continuous)
- Psychiatric Nurse (continuous)
- Psychiatric Technician – Part-Time (continuous)
- Public Information Officer (closes 07/24/2017)
- Risk Management Analyst I (closes 07/24/20117)
- Risk Management Analyst II (closes 07/24/2017)
- Senior Agricultural Biologist/Standards Specialist – Promotional (closes 07/20/2017)
- Senior Environmental Health Specialist (continuous)
- Senior Environmental Specialist – Extra Help (closes 07/20/2017)
- Social Service Worker IV – Adult Protective Services (closes 08/08/2017)
- Social Service Worker IV – Family, Youth & Children – Bilingual (English & Spanish) (closes 08/08/2017)
- Supervising Environmental Health Specialist (continuous)
- Traffic Signal Technician (closes 07/31/2017)
- Veterans Service Officer (closes 07/26/2017)
- Customer Service Supervisor – Promotional
- Engineering Technician IV
- Microbiologist I
- Microbiologist II
- Supervising Public Health Nurse
This list represents job openings which Human Resources is either preparing to recruit for, or anticipates recruiting for. Recruitments may, however, be cancelled by hiring departments prior to posting, due to a variety of reasons.
Job openings are also updated weekly on the Job Line,
(707) 565-2803. Applications can be submitted online. Paper applications and job announcements are available in the hallway of the Administration Building at 575 Administration Drive or you may receive them by mail if you contact HR reception at (707) 565-2331.
Human Resources has developed County
Career Planning which includes valuable information for County employees on how to navigate through County employment opportunities, such as how to best complete a job application, present your experience, and prepare for the exam process. Check
SCORS often to register for upcoming classes!
Information About Other Employment Opportunities
In addition to maintaining awareness of County opportunities, you are encouraged to also visit
Employment Services & Job Search Resources, which will give you access to job opportunities available in the cities within Sonoma County, neighboring counties, and additional job search sites (such as Craigslist, Monster, and many more).
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department, Recruitment and Classification Division.
Note to Supervisors and Managers: please ensure your employees who do not have regular access to a computer receive this information.