Published: September 5, 2018
The County of Sonoma and Sonoma County Prosecutors
Association (SCPA) met on August 31, 2018 as part of the impasse procedures. The
bargaining teams were able to reach a Tentative Agreement which balances the
desire of the Board of Supervisors to maintain fiscal discipline while
acknowledging the important contributions of our valued employees. The
key elements of the package are:
- A one-time, non-recurring pensionable payment of approximately 2% of
salary and salary-related benefits.
- Stabilization of employee out-of-pocket costs for healthcare, with the
County paying the recent increase in premiums.
- Suspension of dental premiums.
- Eight week Paid Parental Leave benefit, which recognizes the importance
of supporting families and bonding with a new child, and will also assist the
County with retention.
- The Cesar Chavez holiday to honor and celebrate his important work on
civil rights for laborers.
- A new 8-hour floating holiday per calendar year, to provide more
flexibility for employees to observe a holiday of their choice.
- Agreement on which entities the County will analyze to review the
competitiveness of the salary and benefits provided to the County’s deputy
- Language that decouples management benefits from
The County sincerely appreciates the work of the SCPA
bargaining team. The County’s understanding is that SCPA members will vote on
this agreement soon.