Friendly Visitor Volunteers Needed at Probation-Juvenile Hall
Published: March 15, 2017
Friendly Visitor volunteers meet with youth whose parents or legal guardians are unable to attend visiting hours. Visitors engage in a conversation and/or play a game (dominoes, checkers, cards) with one youth for an hour long visit. Visiting hours are Monday through Friday, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m., Saturday 1:00 - 2:00, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. and Sunday 10"30 - 11:30 a.m., 1:00 - 2:00, and 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. Visitors are required to sign-in up to 25 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled visit.
- 21 years of age
- Mature, caring, realistic, and easily engage in conversations and establish rapport with at-risk youth.
- Must attend a Juvenile Hall Volunteer Orientation meeting.
- Experience or background working with youth.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and strict boundaries.
- No criminal backgrounds or felonies. Misdemeanors must be clear for one year. No probation or court action pending.
Submit an application