Please return the form to your Department Coordinator by March 29, 2017.
Our 4th Annual Take Your Child to Work Day event will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at the County Center Administration Building.
Don’t forget to sign-up by March 29, 2017!
Take Your Child to Work Day is a career day that serves as an enriching educational experience for our County employees’ children, not only exposing them to what the adults in their lives do during the work day, but also showing them the potential value of their education by providing an opportunity to envision their future. The event will include a welcome orientation, tours of County offices, snacks and a variety of activities highlighting County departments, programs, and services.
Past activities have included:
- Jail tours (min. 14 years of age required to participate.)
- Fleet Facility, Superior Court, Legal Careers, General Services ‘House of Pressure’, and Data Center tours.
- Love Me Van: visit cute and cuddly animals
- Fire Safety Interactive Trailer and fire truck.
- Water Agency Video Van
- Park Ranger Truck
- And many more booths and activities.
The event is open to children from the ages of 5 to 18, which may include employee’s children, nieces, nephews, or other mentees within this age range. We will send participating employees an itinerary of activities and a link to sign up for tours the week of April 17th. There is a limited number of tour spaces available so we ask that you only sign up for one tour. Each child will receive a commemorative bag and lanyard with their name badge.
Employees may participate in this event, with their supervisor’s approval by:
- reviewing the safety guidelines,
- completing the Participation form (PDF: 227 kB)
- returning it to their Department Coordinator by March 29, 2017.
Please remember to notify your child’s school that your child will be picked up early from school to attend this event. Some schools may provide school credit if your child gives a report on what they learned from this event.
Contact Human Resources at (707) 565-2331 with any questions.