Emergency Communications Systems
- SoCo Alert - Get local alerts when you need them. Smart phone apps are available.
- SoCo Emergency website - If there were an active emergency, detailed information on the emergency will be posted here. Contains preparedness and recovery information.
- Nixle - Sign up to receive email, text or voice messages with alerts and advisories from local law enforcement.
- Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS) - A strong volunteer organization with over 125 radio operators County-wide.
- Emergency Alert System (EAS) - EAS may be activated at the state or local level for day-to-day emergency situations posing a threat to life or property.
- Emergency Digital Information System (EDIS) - delivers official information about emergencies and disasters to the public and the news media in California.
- Low Band Radio Inter-City System (LBRICS) - A dedicated repeated radio linking the County/Operational Area & city EOCs.
Director of Emergency Management
Department of Emergency Management
2300 County Center Drive
Suite 220 B
Sign up for Local Alerts for Local Emergencies
Bay Area Urban Areas Security Initiative
The Bay Area UASI is a regional program that provides financial assistance to improve the Bay Area's capacity to prevent, protect against, respond to, and recover from terrorist incidents or related catastrophic events. Projects facilitated by the program enhance regional capability through regional collaboration and efficient allocation of funds available.
Sonoma County 2-1-1
2-1-1 Sonoma County is an information and referral center that connects people quickly and effectively to community, health and disaster services through a free, 24/7 confidential phone line and searchable online database.
Sonoma County Public Safety
Sonoma County agency contact information and links.
Public Safety Information