The vision of Access Sonoma Broadband is to bridge the digital divide by bringing broadband to the people and the people to broadband.
The mission of Access Sonoma Broadband is to support the region’s residents, businesses, visitors and organizations through the promotion, coordination and enhancement of e-technology: broadband access / adoption and technology education.
- Encourage and facilitate broad-based involvement of our region’s stakeholders through leadership in a collaborative process.
- Provide access to expertise through a team well-versed in broadband technologies, analysis, public services and community outreach.
- Link statistics, demographics and mapping information for broadband expansion for use by the community, Internet service providers, regulators and public policy-makers.
- Advocate for rural needs at the regional, state and federal level.
- Encourage broadband policy adoption.
- Facilitate broadband availability by identifying the region’s rural communities in greatest need and connecting them with Internet providers.
- Provide broadband information and promote digital literacy opportunities within the region.
- Conduct outreach through needs assessment and education for various public service sectors, including but not limited to: public safety, libraries, schools, seniors, tribes, employment and training, etc.
- Shared leadership and leadership development which steers the goals of Access Sonoma Broadband (ASB).
- Accountability through the reporting of measured outcomes.
- Public accessto and transparency of ASB group information through various media such as newspaper, website and social media.
- Collaboration which respects and encourages input from many sources, including leadership, stakeholders, and the public.
- Clear communication to accommodate various audiences with a broad spectrum of technical capability.