Dry Creek Valley Citizens Advisory Council Meeting
February 20, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Fire Station Training Room
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Election of Chair and Vice Chair: Action Item
- Approval of Minutes: Action Item
Minutes of regular DCVCAC Meeting 01‐16‐2020
- Public Comments: This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda, but related to DCVCAC business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, however, the DCVCAC cannot consider any issues or take action on any requests during this comment period. Each person is usually granted 3 minutes to speak; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair.
Each speaker should sign-in, and introduce themselves including stating their name and address, and fill out a speaker form.
- Correspondence – None
- Councilmember Announcements and Disclosures: Information only
- Referrals from Permit Sonoma: Action Item — Note:
Consideration of proposed projects will proceed as follows:
- Presentation by project applicant.
- Questions by Councilmembers.
- Questions and comments from the Public.
- Response by applicant, if required.
- Comments by Councilmembers.
- Resolution, ACTION, if indicated.
Note: continuation of the hearing of this referral from 2‐21‐19 and 1-16-2020 File Number: UPD18‐0053
Applicant Name: Steven Sommer
Owner Name: Steven and Candace Sommer
Site Address: 6029 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg
Project Description: Request for a Use Permit a medium outdoor cannabis cultivation operation (10,001‐43,560 square feet) to occur on a 59.55‐acre parcel zoned LIA B6 20Z RC50/50 SR. There are 3 existing single‐family homes on the parcel and 16‐acres of vineyards.
Note: rehearing by request of referral from 9‐19‐19 and 1-16-2020
File Number: UPE18‐0032
Applicant Name: David Eckert/ZO Wines
Owner Name: David Eckert/ZO Wines
Site Address: 3232 and 3280 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg
APN: 090‐150‐056 & 090‐150‐060
Project Description: Request for a Use Permit to modify and existing winery use permit, File NO. UPE98‐0087, by increasing annual production capacity from 600 cases to 5,000 cases, expanding the wine processing facility building, increasing the number of employees from one to 8 full‐time employees and 2 seasonal employees, constructing a tasting room and allowing public wine tasting with food and wine pairings, and retail pre‐packaged food sales seven days a week, during the hours of 10AM to 6PM, and hosting 34 agricultural promotional events per year with outdoor amplified music and sound. Agricultural promotional events will end by 10:00 PM and include: 8 events for direct sales activities involving 100 people per event; 4 event days for industry‐wide events involving 200 people per event; and 2 agricultural promotional cultural events per year involving 100 people per event. Parking for event attendees will be located on the project site – APN 090‐150‐056 while parking for event employees will be located on adjacent parcel – APN 090‐150‐060, a property owned by ZO Wines LLC. ZO Wines LLC is also in the process of completing Lot Line Adjustment File NO. LLA18‐0047 for the purpose of expanding the project site to include the adjacent 13‐acre vineyard and area for the proposed winery/tasting room septic system. Recordation of LLA18‐0047 will result in expanding the project site from 1.35 acres to 15.26 acres in size.
- Discussion Items:
Action Item – Action if indicated
Brown Act Training—update from Council Members
- Agenda Items: Potential projects for future meetings and suggestions for the next DCVCAC Meeting.
- Adjournment: Action Item
Council meetings are held the third Thursday of the month at Healdsburg Fire Station Training Room, 601 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg, CA or the City of Healdsburg Council Chambers, 401 Grove Street, Healdsburg, CA.
SB 343 ‐ Documents Related to Open Session Agendas: Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the DCVCAC regarding any item on this agenda after the posting of this agenda and not otherwise exempt from disclosure, will be made available for public review at 575 Administration Drive Room 100‐A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
Disabled Accommodations: The DCVCAC will make reasonable accommodations for persons having special needs due to disabilities. Please contact DCVCACses@gmail.com at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to ensure the necessary accommodations are made.
County of Sonoma Boards, Commissions and Committees