Sonoma County is currently experiencing its fourth consecutive year in a drought.
California Governor Jerry Brown declared Drought State of Emergency on April 17, 2014
Prohibited Water Use:
The prohibitions on potable water use, first adopted in 2014 by the State Water Board, will continue, and new prohibitions will go into effect. All Californian's are now prohibited from:
- Washing down sidewalks and drive ways;
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes excess runoff;
- Washing a motor vehicle with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle;
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system; and
- Irrigating turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours following measurable precipitation.
Prohibitions Affecting Commercial Businesses Include:
- Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers on request; and
- Operators of hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option