Santa Rosa, CA – November 9, 2017 – Fifty-seven-year-old
California prison inmate Carl Dick was denied parole by the state board of
parole yesterday following a hearing related to the aggravated sexual assault
of his three young daughters between 1996 and 1998. Dick pled guilty in 1999,
and was thereafter sentenced to fifteen years to life in prison.
Attorney Ravitch stated, “This man selfishly exploited a position of trust by
committing horrible acts on his biological daughters. We argued for this inmate
not to be released into the community, and we are thankful the board agreed
with our position.”
and 1998, Carl Dick sexually molested his three teenage daughters. The
molestations began soon after the girls moved in with their father at his home
in Santa Rosa. The girls had been living in foster care in Southern California
prior to reuniting with their father. The sexual abuse started out as fondling
of all three girls, but progressed to intercourse and other explicit sexual
acts with the youngest of the three girls. In 1998, the defendant threatened to
kill his youngest daughter if she told anyone about the sexual abuse.
Nevertheless, she disclosed the abuse to her grandfather, who contacted law
enforcement. Later, the eldest daughter disclosed that her father had
threatened to take them into a ditch and beat them if they told anyone or tried
to run away from home.
The November 8
hearing, which took
place at Corcoran California State Prison, was Dick’s second hearing for parole
eligibility. Sonoma County Deputy District Attorney Jason Riehl appeared and
argued that Dick should remain confined. Following the hearing, the parole
board determined that Dick still posed an unreasonable risk of danger to
society if released from prison, and denied his request. Dick will be eligible
for parole consideration again in three years.