Community Advisory Council (CAC) Meeting
August 3, 2020 at 6:00 PM
In accordance with Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20 the August 3, 2020 Community Advisory Council meeting will be held virtually.
Members Of The Public May Not Attend This Meeting In Person
The August 3, 2020 Community Advisory Council meeting will be facilitated virtually through Zoom.
- Spanish translation will be provided within the zoom application, you must use version 4.5.0 or later. Para traducción en español, se tiene que usar la versión de Zoom 4.5.0 o una versión más adelantada.
- DISABLED ACCOMMODATION: If you have a disability which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact the CAC Secretary at (707) 565-1534 or by email Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org by 12pm, Friday, May 29, 2020. We will make every effort to provide for an accommodation.
- Welcome and Designed Team Alliance
Facilitated by CAC Chair and Vice-Chair
- Roll Call, Agenda Review, and Approval of the Minutes
Facilitated by CAC Chair and Vice-Chair
- Community Forum Introduction
Karlene Navarro, Director
- Community Speakers- Please Note:
Public Comment will be heard after every 4th speaker on items pertaining to their presentations only. Please state your name and who you represent, if applicable. Comments will be limited to 2 minutes at the discretion of the CAC based on number of comments and other factors.
- CAC Discussion
- Public Comment for items not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of IOLERO and CAC. Please state your name and who you represent, if applicable. Comments will be limited to 2 minutes at the discretion of the CAC based on number of comments and other factors.
Agendas and Materials
Agendas and Materials: Agendas and most supporting materials are available on the Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach’s website.
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 08:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 2300 A County Center Drive, Suite A211, Santa Rosa, CA.
Google Maps™ Directions
511 Public Transit Directions
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, an alternative format, or requires another person to assist you while attending this meeting please contact: The Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review & Outreach, (707) 565-1534 or email: Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org
Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
Commitment to Civil Engagement
All are encouraged to engage in respectful communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. CAC Members, Staff, and the public are encouraged to:
- Create an atmosphere of respect and civility where CAC Members, County Staff, and the Public are free to express their ideas within the time and content parameters established by the Brown Act and the CAC’s standard Parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order);
- Adhere to time limits for each individual speaker, in order to allow as many persons as possible the opportunity to be heard on as many agenda items as possible;
- Establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions;
- Foster meaningful communication free of attacks of a personal nature and/or attacks based on age, (dis)ability, class, education level, gender, gender identity, occupation, race and/or ethnicity, sexual orientation;
- Listen with an open mind to all information, including dissenting points of view, regarding issues presented to the CAC;
- Recognize it is sometimes difficult to speak at meetings, and out of respect for each person's perspective, allow speakers to have their say without comment or body gestures, including booing, whistling or clapping.
Public Comment at Community Advisory Council Meetings
Members of the public are free to address the CAC. Public comments:
While oral public comment on agenda items is always available during CAC meetings, the public is also invited to communicate with IOLERO staff and CAC members through email. Members of the public who would like to make statements that may exceed the time limits for public comment, suggest topics to be placed on future agendas, or suggest questions to be raised and discussed by CAC members of staff, may send an email of any length addressing these matters to Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org.
CAC members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and generally may only listen. Should CAC members wish to deliberate on an issue raised during public comment, that issue may be placed on a future agenda of the CAC for discussion and possible action.