Commission on the Status of Women Meeting
First District: Jan Blalock, Joanne M. Brown, Maddy Leader
Second District: Trisha Almond (Chair), Caitlin Quinn (Officer-at-Large), Katie Gordon
Third District: Lorena Barrera (Vice-Chair)
Fourth District: Leticia Padilla, Dianna MacDonald
Fifth District: Ariana Diaz De Leon, Jessica Wood, Peggy Rogers
- Call to Order – Introductions – Mission Statement
- Approval of the May 14, 2020 Agenda
Due to the requirements of the Brown Act, only changing the order of or deletion of items may be allowed. New items may not be added.
- Approval of the April 9, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Public Comment on Agendized Items
Public comment is limited to three minutes per topic, unless otherwise noted.
- Commissioner Announcements
Commissioners to provide any commission-related announcements, report on communications with supervisors and also announce any tabling opportunities.
- Openings and Appointments
- Chair will report out on openings.
- Public Comment on Non-Agendized Items
Public comment is limited to three minutes per topic unless otherwise noted.
Commissioners to hear from guest speaker Ms. Erica Diamond, Operations Manager for the California Homemakers Association.
- Regular Calendar Items
- By-Laws Amendments (Barrera)
Discussion on proposed amendments to the current CSW by-laws.
- Officer Reports and Administrative Updates
- Ad Hoc Committee and Project Committee Updates
Commissioners to provide reports and/or updates from the work being done by their ad hoc committee(s) and/or project committee(s).
- Empowerment Ad Hoc
- Marketing Ad Hoc
- Women’s Voices
- Junior Commissioner Project Committee
- Community Issues, Liaisons, and Coordinators
Commissioners to provide brief updates or ideas on the following:
- Association of California Commissions for Women (ACCW)
- Council on Aging
- Field Trip Ideas
- Human Trafficking Task Force
- Legislative Advisory Group
- National Association of Commissions for Women (NACW)
- Speaker Coordinator
- Agenda Items for Next Commission Meeting
Proposal, discussion, and possible action items for next Commission meeting.
Agendas and Materials
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 575 Administration Drive, Suite 116B, Santa Rosa, CA.
Any member of the audience desiring to address the Commission on a matter on the agenda: Please walk to the public speaker’s table and after receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name and make your comments. In order that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, please be brief and limit your comments to the subject under discussion. Each person is usually granted 3 minutes to speak; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Commission, under the Brown Act, Commission members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and generally may only listen.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, an alternative format, or requires another person to assist you while attending this meeting, please contact the Deputy Clerk at email@example.com, as soon as possible to ensure arrangements for accommodation.