Recorder Fee Schedule
The staff of the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor's Office are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.
Notice of Recording Fee Increase
Effective January 1, 2018, California Government Code section 27388.1 (SB2: Building Homes and Jobs Act) requires that documents accepted for recording at the Sonoma County Recorder’s Office be charged an additional seventy-five dollars ($75.00) fee per title, unless exempted by statute.
Read about the fee increase and exemptions
The Clerk's Office Has Moved!
The County Clerk-Recorder Office is now located at:
585 Fiscal Dr., Room 103, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The new Clerk-Recorder’s Office will provide essential services for residents in one location: vital records, recording services, land record information, official public records, marriage licenses & ceremonies, and fictitious business names.
- The standard page size for copying is 11 by 17 inches or smaller
- For recording purposes, a standard page is one printed side of a single 8½ by 11 inch sheet (in other words, two printed sides of a single sheet equal two standard pages); if a document incorporates a second title, it is called a "double document"
- A document or copy is certified as authentic when it receives the Stamp of the Recorder's Office
- If there is not enough room for the Recorder's endorsement (approximately 3 inches by 3 inches) at the top of the first page of any document being recorded, an additional $3.00 fee will be charged to cover a separate page
- Documents to be recorded are required to be 8½ by 11 inches; documents you wish to record having other dimensions are subject to a penalty of $3.00 per page
- If a Preliminary Change of Ownership Report (PCOR) does not accompany transfers of title, an additional fee of $20.00 is added to the recording fee
- Information about the Monument Fee Collection Procedures
[Revenue & Taxation 11911]
Amount of tax is per $1,000.00 of consideration of portion thereof.
* Minus any loans assumed in the sale.
** No exemption for assumed loans.
County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
County Clerk-Recorder Office
Clerk-Recorder accepts payments by cash, checks, credit or debit cards.
Public Records Search
Search Records Now
Search Online Index of Sonoma County Public Records
Search Our Online Index of Public Records: Official Public Records, Fictitious Business Names, Professional Registrations, CEQA Filings
Before Searching Older Records
When searching for a record prior to 2010, remember to use abbreviations; after January 1, 2010, search under the exact name of the person or company.
1964-1989 Records Cross-Reference
1990-2010 Record Cross-Reference
Preliminary Change of Ownership Report (PCOR)