Santa Rosa, CA – March 2, 2019 – Residents impacted by winter storms and floods can access recovery services and resources at the Local Assistance Center (LAC) which will be open on Sunday, March 3 from from noon-6 p.m., at the former Bank of America Building,
16390 Main St., Guerneville. The LAC will stay open all week, from Monday, March 4 through Saturday, March 9, from 9 a.m.-6 p.m daily. The LAC may remain open after this date if needed.
Government agencies and non-profits will be available to answer questions, offer resources and take applications to determine eligibility for various resources. All Sonoma County residents can access services regardless of immigration status.
The agencies at the LAC will include:
- County of Sonoma Departments:
- Permit Sonoma will provide over-the-counter permits for some repairs and help to begin the permit process for structural work and building safety.
- Human Services Department will take applications for for CalFresh food benefits and Medi-Cal.
- Health Services Department will have representatives from Animal Services, Environmental Health, and Behavioral Health to provide mental health support and referral.
- Community Development Commission will support other housing needs.
- California State Agencies:
- Department of Motor Vehicles (Monday-Saturday) for those needing identification or driver licenses.
- Department of Insurance (Monday-Saturday) to provide insurance support.
- Contractors State Licensing Board to provide contracting support and resources.
- Non-profit organizations: including United Policyholders (Wednesday-Thursday), American Red Cross, and The Salvation Army to provide additional resources and support to local residents.
The LAC will also have information on topics related to the flood including debris drop-off locations for non-hazardous waste, and dates and times for hazardous waste drop offs as well as important health and safety information.
For current emergency information, please visit