Combined Fund Drive Information
Throughout the County, employees, Campaign Leaders (ECLs), and Department Heads work together to contribute to our community through payroll pledges and department fundraisers.
County Employees Choose to Donate- Who, When, and How Much
You may donate to any nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, including the United Way Federations.
You may choose to donate to as many as five organizations.
- To donate online, visit the United Way Pledge portal. You can pledge for the first time, or you can elect to renew, increase, or modify your previous year’s pledge. (For your first time log-in, look for your user name and password in the Announcements email you receive at the start of the campaign.)
- For a payroll deduction pledge, choose "per pay period" for automatic deduction. The minimum contribution is $1.00 per pay period.
- For automatic annual renewal, mark your payroll deduction as “Perpetual” on the verification page. No further yearly action is needed. You can modify or cancel your pledge through the portal at any time
- You can make recurring donations by payroll deduction or credit card. Or you may contribute a one-time gift by cash, check, credit card, or payroll deduction.
Even a small amount per pay period can help others!
Your pledge of $20 per pay period ($520 per year)
- Is enough to provide a year of healthy dinners to a homeless child living at the Family Support Center. (Catholic Charities)
- Supports a year of weekly grocery deliveries, including fresh produce and high-quality protein sources, for one Sonoma County resident living with HIV-AIDS (Food For Thought - Sonoma County AIDS Food Bank- Local Independent Charities).
- Can provide 1,000 healthy suppers for low-income children in after school programs. (Redwood Empire Food Bank)
- Can fund a scholarship for a low-income child to attend the After-School Program for an entire year. (Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Santa Rosa)
Your pledge of $10 per pay period ($260 per year)
- Could purchase a dozen life jackets to loan to children and inexperienced swimmers at the Russian River, helping to save lives. (Sonoma County Parks Foundation)
- Helps Christmas wishes come true for children at Valley of the Moon Children's Home by purchasing gifts for each child from their Christmas wish list. (Valley of the Moon Children's Foundation)
- Sponsors a cleanup of a local beach to remove marine debris, cigarette butts and other trash. (Surfrider Foundation-Earth Share)
Your pledge of $5 per pay period ($130 per year)
- Could fund scholarships for a class of elementary students to visit a local park and learn about habitats, the water cycle or other critical science topics through the Environmental Discovery Center. (Sonoma County Parks Foundation)
- Covers the cost of 1,000 pounds of fresh healthy produce for low-income families with young children. (Redwood Empire Food Bank/ United Way)
- Goes to building 25 feet of fencing to protect desert tortoise habitat from the degradation of vehicle use and livestock grazing. (The Desert Tortoise Preserve- Earth Share)
- Allows an elementary school student one-to-one tutoring through the Schools of Hope program, dedicated to improving reading proficiency and confidence. (United Way of the Wine Country)
Fund Drive Facts about United Way and the Federations
- Workplace campaigns are the most cost effective means of fundraising for agencies and Federations.
- United Way of the Wine Country serves as the Principal Combined Fund Drive Manager (PCFDM) for the Combined Fund Drive. The PCFDM provides the e-Pledge giving site, campaign leader training, agency and Federation listings, and other materials to promote a successful campaign.
- The Federations have agreed that the PCFDM will conduct a fundraising campaign and represent all Federations equally.
- The Federations will share fundraising costs, brochures, pledge forms and other campaign costs based on their percentage of donor contributions. Each Federation deducts their individual fundraising and administrative fees from donations made to their Federation and to their agencies. All Federation agencies for the County of Sonoma are listed in the Agency Guide. For a copy, call United Way of the Wine Country at (707) 528-4485 or email email@example.com.
By agreement with the County, an administrative fee of 12% of donations is used to offset a portion of United Way's actual administrative cost to manage the Combined Fund Drive campaign.
In addition to managing the County’s campaign, United Way of the Wine Country uses its administrative funds to provide valuable community services such as School Readiness Backpacks, Schools of Hope, and Earn It! Keep It! Save It! programs.