Santa Rosa, CA – February 22, 2019 – To assist residents and businesses affected by Russian River flooding, Sonoma County Transportation and Public Works Department in collaboration with Recology will provide two debris removal clean-up events over the next two weekends. In addition, Sonoma County Waste Management Agency will provide the opportunity to dispose of toxic materials at one location on Tuesday, March 12th, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
“Clearing out flood debris will help residents take the first step to recovery. Bring us your water-damaged debris to avoid issues down the line, like mold,” shared Supervisor Lynda Hopkins. “The collaboration between Recology and the County is an example of a public-private partnership which allows us to provide services to the community that would otherwise be out of reach.”
Non-Toxic Flood Debris Disposal
- Saturday, February 23 from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- Mirabel Park and Ride (located on the southwestern corner of the Mirabel Road and River Road intersection).
- Saturday, March 2 from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- Guerneville Park and Ride (located on the north side of Hwy. 116/River Road, between Brookside Lane and Gabes Rock Road)
Items that will be accepted:
General trash and other non-hazardous debris/materials originating from the flood event only. Please do not mix hazardous and toxic materials with debris. No after-hours dumping will be permitted.
Items that will not be accepted:
Hazardous materials or other toxics. A list of toxic materials is below.
Toxic Materials Collection (Appointments Required)
- Date/Time: Tuesday, March 12 from 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Location: Please call (707) 795-2025 option 3 or 1(877) 747-1870 to schedule an appointment. Once you have an appointment, you will be given the location.
Common Toxic Materials Accepted:
- Explosives or ammunition
- Radioactive materials
- Biological wastes (except syringes)
- Controlled substances
For information on how to handle household hazardous materials, please visit: https://zerowastesonoma.gov/household-hazardous-waste-facility.