Economic Development & Budget
The recession dramatically changed the way we must do business on the local level. Faced with uncertainty in local revenue streams and state and federal funds, we must be accountable and transparent in how we spend taxpayer dollars.
- Supporting the work of the Economic Development Board and other planning bodies to ensure that our County remains an attractive destination for business
- Creating and leading an economic dialogue with diverse stakeholders to explore ways to create jobs while maintaining our quality of life
- Exploring new ways to integrate the emerging green economy with established industries, including tourism, healthcare, and technology
- Ensuring that our educational institutions prepare our youth for skilled jobs in every field, including the trades and high tech. Programs and initiatives such as the Workforce Investment Board, Cradle to Career and Summer Youth Ecology Corps are key to this effort.
- Continuing to protect our most vulnerable residents from bearing the brunt of budget cuts