The following demographic and economic information pertains to Sonoma County Supervisorial District 2 which comprises Petaluma, Penngrove, Cotati, and the south county dairy industry with a total of 98,408 people and 37,624 households.
District 2 has a population of 98,408, which is expected to rise to 101,136 by 2020 according to ESRI Business Analyst predictions.
- 21% of residents are of Hispanic origin
- A median age of 40.9 years old and, this is on par with the county average median age of 40.7 years,
- Per capita income is $36,513 and is expected to increase to $41,676 by 2020,
- District 2 has 27% of residents attaining a Bachelor's Degree, the second highest percentage of any supervisorial district in Sonoma County. The educational attainment breakdown of District 2 is:
- 10% with less than a High School Diploma,
- 20% with a High School Diploma,
- 35% with some college,
- 24% with a Bachelor’s degree, and
- 11% with a Professional or Graduate degree.
Out of the 37,624 households in District 2, the median household income of $73,506 is the highest of Sonoma County supervisorial districts and income is spread relatively evenly through the income brackets.
- 16.8% make more than $150,000,
- 18.6% making between $100,000 and $150,000,
- 13.9% earning between $75,000 and $100,000,
- 16.9% earning between $50,000 and $75,000,
- 19.2% earning between $25,000 and $50,000, and
- 14.6% earn less than $25,000.
District 2 has 49,243 jobs and 52,457 residents employed. Jobs are spread over a variety of industries with the largest being:
- Retail Trade at 15.9%,
- Education and Health Care at 12.2%,
- Leisure and Hospitality at 11.2%,
- Manufacturing at 8.6%,
- Construction at 8.5%,
- Professional and Business Services at 8.4%,
- Wholesale Trade at 7.9%,
- Government at 6%, and
- Financial Activities at 4.7%.
- Population will increase to 101,136
- Per capita income will increase to $41,676
- Households earning less than $25,000 will decrease to 11.5%